Sorry, I’m a bit late in posting this, but wanted to share the wonderful creations that were made during our Edible Christmas Gifts session held on 15th December. There were some colourful pinwheel cookies, chocolate bark and some amazing truffles! So good, that I’ll share the recipe.
Ingredients – makes up to 36 truffles (depending on the size you make them 🙂 )
- 40 Oreos
- 1 cup (225g) cream cheese, softened (I used quark instead of cream cheese)
- 2 cups (350g) white chocolate, melted
- Using a food processor, pulse the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the crumbs and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese into the remaining crumbs. The mixture will be sticky. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls, and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate, place back on the baking tray, and sprinkle with the reserved Oreo crumbs. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. (I’ve kept mine in the freezer and still have a couple left – my self control has been remarkable!)
We experimented with other types of biscuits and chocolate – some of our favourites were Gingernuts with White Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk Chocolate and Strawberry Oreos with Dark Chocolate – but it’s up to you! If you do have a go, let us know what you think.