We have a volunteer coordinator to recruit, support and work with our team of supporters who help in all the different aspects of the Youth Development Group’s work. If you want more information, if you already volunteer at the cafe, or if you are interested in getting involved in some of our wide range of activities – please contact Fiona – firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Work Volunteers
The Café cannot open without adult volunteers, to whom we are eternally grateful. If you can spare an hour or so every week, fortnight or month and want to give something back to the local community and make friends, please come along!!! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, either download and complete the application form, or phone us or call in for a chat.
• Chatting to young people, getting to know them, and taking part in games and activities with them.
• Listening to young people’s ideas.
• Knowing who to refer young people to for specific advice or counselling.
• Helping to deal with any issues during the evening.
• Learning new skills and taking part in training and development provided by the Youth Café.
• Giving something back to the community. Meeting other like-minded adults and having fun!
WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Someone who can develop relationships with both young people and adults.
• Someone who has/wants to have an understanding of the issues and needs of young people.
• Someone who can work as part of a team.
• Someone who is willing to learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
• Someone who is non-judgemental.
• Someone who wants to make a positive difference to the lives of young people.
• Someone with a sense of humour!