Volunteers are fundamental to our continuing success. There are currently a core group of adult volunteers who enable the Café to open in the evenings for young people. In return for their dedication to the cafe, we provide them with coaching & mentoring, personal development, and training opportunities (including first aid, child protection and conflict resolution courses).
All staff members, voluntary or otherwise, are required to go through PVG (The Protecting Vulnerable Groups) membership scheme by Disclosure Scotland.
We are looking for Youth Work Volunteers to…
• Chat to young people, getting to know them, and taking part in games and activities with them.
• Listen to young people’s ideas.
• Know who to refer young people to for specific advice or counselling.
• Help to deal with any issues during the evening.
• Learn new skills, and taking part in training and development provided by EYDG.
• Give something back to the community. Meeting other like-minded adults and having fun!
If you are someone who…
Can develop relationships with both young people and adults.
Has/wants to have an understanding of the issues and needs of young people.
Can work as part of a team.
Is willing to learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
Wants to make a positive difference to the lives of young people.
Has a sense of humour!