This vacancy has now been filled
Time to Shine Project Support Officer – Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Our Charity, Elgin Youth Development Group was established in 1998, with the vision of providing a safe social space for young people in the Elgin area. In addition we run our Social Enterprise, The Inkwell offering venue and catering hire as a method to financially support our charitable mission. The Inkwell also allows us to offer work experience opportunities for young people.
We are seeking a Project Support Officer to support a number of projects particularly fundraising and volunteering initiatives. Our young people do not pay for the various projects and programmes we run. A mix of paid youth workers and volunteers delivers our activities. This role will help us ensure we have sufficient funding in place to employ our paid team members while helping us to retain, recruit and support our volunteers.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Officer and will work as part of the team. They will have an interest in the work of the Elgin Youth Development Group. In return, we offer a fun working environment, a competitive salary and fully funded training. We strive to be a learning organisation and the successful candidate will be joining a team committed to delivering an excellent, contemporary and relevant offer.
This role is funded by The Rank Foundation and is part of their Time to Shine programme. The Time to Shine Programme is a leadership development programme and has two aims: to address organisational development gaps within a charity, and to enable a person with the right skills mix, talent and work ethic to experience a 12 month Living Wage paid position in a meaningful work role. https://rankfoundation.com/engaged-philanthropy/time-to-shine/
- Support the EYDG fundraising strategy
- Fundraise for EYDG so helping to ensure the continuation/development of projects and programmes
- Identify fundraising opportunities relevant to specific projects and activities
- Identify and complete relevant trust and foundation applications
- Identify and complete relevant corporate funding applications
- Report to and liaise with funders in partnership with the CEO and other relevant staff
- Monitor, support and train volunteers
- Recruit volunteers for the volunteer opportunities within the organisation
- Work with partnering organisations to strengthen volunteer awareness
- Provide regular opportunities for volunteers to meet up and support each other
- Provide project support to the Chief Officer as needed
- Is a strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Is able to organise and prioritise their workload
- Is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Is able to work on own initiative to find creative solutions to problems.
- Is confident in using social media
- Is able to develop and manage an individual work plan
- Is keen to develop their skills and acquire new knowledge
This position has now been filled.
Elgin Youth Development Group
Francis Place, Elgin IV30 1JW
T: 01343 548300 W: elginyouthcafe.org
Scottish Charity SC028216