Part-Time (15hrs per week) We are looking for a part time Finance Officer who will be responsible for the management of our charity’s accounting processes. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of book-keeping, budgeting and preparing management accounts. We expect the successful candidate to work as part of the team and have an interest in the work of the Elgin Youth Development Group. Salary will be dependent on experience.
Job Responsibilities:This role will involve:
- Support CEO on budgeting and cash flow management
- Ensuring all project activities adhere to the budget
- Producing and analysing monthly accounts including cashflow
- Drawing up budgets for new programmes
- Update fixed asset register
- Update rolling cash flow
- Recording, allocating and issuing all outgoing and incoming invoices on a regular basis.
- Ensuring all invoices are filed correctly for end of year checks.
- Ensuring all invoices are allocated correctly against the correct code and class
- Encouraging prompt payment of invoices and following up all outstanding transactions.
- Ensuring bank account is reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Setting up payments for authorisation
- Monitoring and reporting on funds received from trusts, foundations and donors
- Undertake petty cash and till reconciliations
- Prepare budgets for new projects