Part-Time (25 hours per week) We are looking for a Team Administrator to assist the Chief Officer and other key members of the team by providing administration support over a range of activities and projects. The Elgin Youth Development Group aims to help young people reach their potential and to become valued and active members of their community. We do this by creating a positive, supportive and safe environment where young people can develop work and life skills, improve their confidence and build positive relationships. Our social enterprise, the Inkwell, supports our charitable work while providing young people with employability training and advise. The successful candidate is expected to work as a member of a dynamic team in a creative environment where new ideas, new ways of working and supporting young people are actively encouraged. This approach requires initiative, flexibility and adaptability and above all a passion for working with and supporting young people. This role requires the post holder to work across the whole organisation so must be an excellent team worker. They will support the work of our employability programme so must be comfortable guiding our trainees throughout their placements. Salary dependent on experience. 1 year fixed-term contract. Continuation of contract after this is dependent on funding.
- Recording, allocating and issuing all outgoing and incoming invoices.
- Ensuring all invoices are filed correctly for end of year checks.
- Ensuring all invoices are allocated correctly against the correct code and class.
- Undertake petty cash and till reconciliations.
- Pay cheques and complete associated paperwork.
- Submit our Gift Aid claims.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Officer.
- Issue paperwork related to new members of staff.
- Ensure holiday records are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure accident records are maintained/filed.
- Support the Chief Officer with payroll activities.
- Undertake the promotion of new trainee positions.
- Support trainees to apply for a position.
- Arrange interviews.
- Issue new start paperwork.
- Undertake tasks that will support the successful delivery of our employability programme.
- Dealing with bookings and enquiries.
- Overseeing Inkwell trainees.
- Ensuring H&S and Covid guidance is adhered to.
- Providing out of hours cover for evening or weekends as required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to supervise and support our trainees.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and able to seek solutions to any challenges.
- Confident using social media.