Part-time (11hrs per week)
We are looking for a part-time Caretaker/Cleaner who will be responsible for cleaning our building to high standard. This role involves being a keyholder so the postholder will need to be confident being responsible for locking up & opening the building.
The post will involve sole working at most times, so will require someone who uses their initiative, is hard working and adaptable.
The role will involve working in all areas of the building within agreed timescales. Some flexibility will be required to meet with the organisations needs. There will be points where the role will require meeting customers, so an ability to deal with general requests in a calm and measured manner is advantageous.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 11 hours per week: 2 hours per day over 4 days Monday to Friday & 3 hours on either Saturday or Sunday.
Salary will be an hourly rate at National Living Wage.
At least 1 year experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Cleaning the building to a high standard, ensuring it is sufficiently prepared for operational service.
- Basic cleaning duties include sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning toilets, hoovering, cleaning internal glass, emptying bins & recycling points, dusting, sanitising touch points, door handles & soft furnishings.
- Keyholding which will include either early mornings or evenings, as well as some weekend working. This may include doing basic security checks & locking up after hires once trained to do so.
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately. We may require some minor repairs to be carried out as part of the role.
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed in accordance with the organisation’s policies. The postholder will be expected to follow safe working practices with chemicals and equipment provided.
- The role may occasionally involve supervising/training as part of our ongoing employability programme. This will require the ability to provide clear instructions & assist in guiding people through basic tasks.
The Elgin Youth Development Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Whereby employee and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity in recruitment and training irrespective of age, race, colour, marital status, political belief or disability.
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com and mark FAO Jackie. Please also provide reference contact details.