Various sessional positions available
We are looking to reinstate our successful cooking classes within EYDG’s Inkwell Community Kitchen. This space is used by a large variety of community groups and organisations. As we are a social enterprise, the work we do directly benefits young people, so the role is a great opportunity for someone looking to have a social impact on a local scale.
In order to cater to the types of customers that we attract, we are recruiting a pool of Cooking Instructors to cover occasional, as well as some repeat sessions. Most bookings are around 2-3 hours (including room set-up & break down) and are usually between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We also offer out-of-hours sessions at the client’s request.
Salary is at a rate of £12.50 per hour.
Successful candidates will be contacted in advance & offered sessions as & when bookings arise. Due to the groups of customers we have, candidates will also be subject to PVG disclosure checks. Elementary Food Hygiene is a basic requirement for the role.
- Teach cooking, including food preparation, various cuisines & techniques of cookery to pre-booked groups within EYDG’s purpose-built kitchen.
- Working with various small groups of people, with a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Menu/Instruction creation from our existing resources for specific bookings. Other options will be considered with discussion.
- Set-up prior to booking & all clean-down to catering standards is part of the role.
- Knowledge & understanding of healthy eating, dietary & allergy requirements, and cooking to a budget.
- Must be personable, patient and have the skills to deal with queries and give practical guidance.
- Experience in a similar role & any industry qualifications would be an advantage. A background in hospitality/catering is a must.