Various sessional positions available
We are looking to reinstate our successful cooking classes within EYDG’s Inkwell Community Kitchen. This space is used by a large variety of community groups and organisations. As we are a social enterprise, the work we do directly benefits young people, so the role is a great opportunity for someone looking to have a social impact on a local scale.
In order to cater to the types of customers that we attract, we are recruiting a pool of Cooking Instructors to cover occasional, as well as some repeat sessions. Most bookings are around 2-3 hours (including room set-up & break down) and are usually between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We also offer out-of-hours sessions at the client’s request.
Salary is at a rate of £12.50 per hour.
Successful candidates will be contacted in advance & offered sessions as & when bookings arise. Due to the groups of customers we have, candidates will also be subject to PVG disclosure checks. Elementary Food Hygiene is a basic requirement for the role.
- Teach cooking, including food preparation, various cuisines & techniques of cookery to pre-booked groups within EYDG’s purpose-built kitchen.
- Working with various small groups of people, with a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Menu/Instruction creation from our existing resources for specific bookings. Other options will be considered with discussion.
- Set-up prior to booking & all clean-down to catering standards is part of the role.
- Knowledge & understanding of healthy eating, dietary & allergy requirements, and cooking to a budget.
- Must be personable, patient and have the skills to deal with queries and give practical guidance.
- Experience in a similar role & any industry qualifications would be an advantage. A background in hospitality/catering is a must.
The Elgin Youth Development Group is committed to equal opportunity employment, whereby employee and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity in recruitment and training irrespective of age, race, colour, marital status, political belief or disability.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and mark FAO Jackie.