Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary dependant on experience.
We are looking for a youth worker to provide opportunities for young people to become valued and active members of their community. The post holder will create a positive, supportive & safe environment where young people develop life skills, improve confidence & participation. Young people will be given a diverse range of opportunities for personal & social development through active & engaging programmes of activities & events. The post holder will be working within the local community in order to help more young people through breakfast clubs, community volunteering, school visits & P7 transitions.
The post holder will be expected to work as a member of a dynamic youth team in a creative environment environment where new ideas, ways of working & supporting young people are actively encouraged. This approach requires initiative, flexibility & adaptability & above all a passion for working with & supporting young people.
This role will require evening and weekend working.
- To develop, plan & deliver a wide range of programmes, activities, group work session & events to young people which will inspire & develop their personal & teamworking skills.
- In consultation with other members of the youth team, plan & organise activities & events for young people during evening & holiday periods as well as planning an engaging programme throughout the year.
- Provide detailed session plans for all activities in advance, carry out risk assessments as appropriate & ensure consents are completed on time.
- Ensure evaluations are carried our for all activities as required & ensure reports are completed measuring progress against agreed outcomes.
- Consult with our young people to find out what they want from our services.
- Support young people to gain accreditation for their learning through the delivery of youth awards including Hi5, Dynamic Youth & Youth Achievement.
- Support young people during activities & ensure their wellbeing.
- To support & be a resource for young people, listening & advising them on issues that they face, encouraging them to make positive choices.
- Run group work or one-to-one session with young people as required to help them identify their needs & acquire the confidence, skills & the resources to meet them.
- Listen to young people when they have issues to discuss & advise them appropriately. This may include referring the young person to the agency most able to meet their needs.
- To participate in Child Planning & multi-agency meeting as required.
- To maintain & develop links with partner organisations working with young people. This will include organising activities & events with appropriate providers.
- To assist partner organisations to maximise the use of the Youth Cafe, including the Cafe @ The Warehouse, by running acitivities for specific target groups.
- Attending meeting, forum, conferences & seminars as well as networking with appropriate agencies & supporting agency events.
- In consultation with the Youth Team Manager, undertake outreach & detached working with partner organisations.
- To support the management team in the general administration, running & operation of the The Warehouse @ EYC.
- Assist Youth Team Manager to produce reports for directors & funders.
- Prepare & support special events eg. the AGM, youth & volunteer awards & open days.
- Support the planning, organisation & delivery of other EYDG activities as required. The will include, but not be limited to marketing & promoting facilities, supporting Cafe & Inkwell hires & fundraising events.
The Elgin Youth Development Group is committed to equal opportunity employment, whereby employee and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity in recruitment and training irrespective of age, race, colour, marital status, political belief or disability.
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to Jackie McRae (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing date for applications is 9th December.