Job Title: Employability Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Elgin Youth Cafe/Cafe @ The Warehouse
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
About the job
We are seeking an employability coordinator to take responsibility of our employability programme ensuring that all young people have a safe environment to grow & develop the skills & knowledge to improve their employability.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing and ambitious organisation who believe that all young people should have the opportunity to overcome any obstacles they face in gaining employment. We run a training cafe for young people who face barriers to employment to gain paid work experience, develop their skills & move on to positive destinations.
The postholder will support young people throughout their placement and ensure that trainees get the most out of their experience with us. This will involve day-to-day support & one-to-one sessions to help young people overcome any difficulties and acquire the confidence and resources to address them. Additionally, the successful candidate will liaise with partners and potential employers to maximise opportunities for our trainees.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with young people, they may have experience of working in the employability sector or they may have transferable skills developed in hospitality, human resources, managing or coaching staff or recruitment.
Way of working
The post holder is expected to work as a member of a dynamic team and in a creative environment where new ideas, new ways of working and supporting young people are actively encouraged. This approach requires initiative, flexibility and adaptability and above all a passion for working with and supporting young people.
The role holder will report directly to the Chief Officer but will work closely with the Youth Team, Social Enterprise team, volunteers & external organisations.
- Identify & recruit young people to be part of our employability programme.
- Work closely with partners supporting young people in our community.
- Support young people throughout their placement & ensure that trainees get the most out of this experience. This will involve day-to-day support, providing feedback & one-to-one sessions to help young people to identify their needs & acquire the confidence, skills & resources to meet them.
- Listen to young people when they have issues & guide them appropriately. This may include referring the young person to the agency most able to meet their needs.
- Organise development opportunities including training days & qualifications for trainees to undertake.
- Support young people into positive destinations towards the end and after their placements.
- Building links with other hospitality providers locally.
- Record & analyse data involved with the project. This involves being aware of opportunities for case studies & writing these up as appropriate as well as producing regular reports for Directors & Funders.
- To support the management team in the general administration, running and operation of the project.
- To support the Chief Executive and wider team with the overall aims & activities within the organisation.
The Elgin Youth Development Group is committed to equal opportunity employment, whereby employee and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity in recruitment and training irrespective of age, race, colour, marital status, political belief or disability.
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to Jackie McRae (email@example.com). Closing date for applications is 10th April 2022.
*This post will be funded by the European Social Fund and the postholder will spend 100% of their working time on this project which is called “Employability Moray Operations and Admin – ref 000162”.