Terms & Conditions
1. General Hire:
- The hirer shall only use the rooms during the time period which they have reserved. Time extensions may be allowed at the discretion of the EYDG team, should the room be unreserved by any other party, and will be charged at the standard rate.
- Hires must include the necessary set up and break down times for their event when booking. Please note, we cannot accommodate any early arriving participants due to the use of other spaces.
- Rooms have a 15 minute buffer either side of hires. This ensures we can provide a covid-safe environment for our hires.
- The hirer shall not use any rooms other than those that they have reserved.
- Booking, cancellation & edits are the responsibility of the hirer, by accessing their Hallmaster account. Any issues that arise in doing so should be reported to email@example.com
- Our working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to midday on a Friday. We can provide catering out with those hours; however we do require at least 7 days notice in order to accommodate these.
- Allergies & dietary requirements must be provided by the hirer at least 48 hours in advance of the booking time. Where the booking falls on a Monday or Tuesday, we ask that the information is supplied by 9am the Friday prior.
- Final numbers to be catered for must also be provided within the timescales shown in 2b, in advance of the booking time. This quantity will be charged for, irrespective of a lesser turnout on the day.
3. Inkwell Community Kitchen
- The kitchen must be left in the same condition that it was found in. Cleaning equipment is provided in the utility room.
- Use of the pantry is allowed for all Community Kitchen hires. Ingredients and an Instructor can be requested at the time of booking, relevant charges apply.
Perishables are to be removed after hire, however donations of any unused or excess ingredients are welcome. Please let us know on your exit so we can distribute these to our young people for use in their cooking classes.
4. Health & Safety
- The group leader shall comply in all aspects with the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974 and all subsequent related legislation and regulations. The hirer is responsible for conducting their own risk assessment for any potentially dangerous activities, and ensuring that the necessary precautions have been taken to minimise risk. Please note the fire procedures and relevant H&S instructions on room notice boards.
- The maximum capacity of the venue should not be exceeded at any time.
- The hirer is solely responsible for the individuals attending their event. All attendees must be accounted for by the hirer on entry and exit in the event of an emergency.
EYDG carries 3rd party liability insurance in respect of negligence on the part of EYDG or staff.
6. Damage to Premises
The hirers shall indemnify EYDG against all damage, which may be done to the premises, and all damage to, and loss of any fixtures, fittings, furniture, or other moveable effects thereon, arising through or in the course of any hiring, and against the making good, repairing, replacement thereof. EYDG shall be sole judges of the nature and amount of any damage done or loss suffered. In no circumstances may anything be affixed to any part of the premises, nor shall any other furniture be brought onto the premises without the express previous consent of EYDG. The hirer is responsible for any contractors or subcontractors and will reimburse EYDG for any damage caused.
- EYDG reserves the right to impose a charge of £10 if any confirmed booking is cancelled within a week of the event.
- EYDG reserves the right to impose a cancellation fee of 50% of the full amount (including all catering and refreshments booked) for groups cancelling within 48 hours.
Invoices are payable within 30 days. Cheques should be made payable to Elgin Youth Development Group. The BACS number is located on the invoice – please quote the invoice number as a reference.
Please note, invoices are sent via email at the month end. Requests for early invoicing can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Force Majeure
EYDG shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any interruption in or failure to provide any staff, services or rooms where such failure is due to causes beyond the control of EYDG.
- In this condition “causes beyond its control” includes, without prejudice to its generality, fire, flood, tempest, riot, civil commotion, national emergency, explosion of any kind, strike, lockout, labour difficulties, war, shortage of materials, interruption of transport, water, electricity, gas, communication links or other services, and the need to execute urgent repairs to the centre.
- If EYDG, by reason of circumstances beyond its control, fails to provide the rooms or a material part of the rooms ready for use at the beginning of the hire period then (unless the parties otherwise agree) the hire agreement will terminate forthwith. EYDG will be under no liability whatsoever to the hirer or any sub-licence for any loss or damage which they may sustain in consequence of such termination.
- If the hire agreement terminates under this condition and hire fees have already been paid, the hirer shall be repaid all sums paid under the hire agreement, subject to the deduction of an amount equal to the sum of costs incurred by EYDG up to the date of termination, and that part of the hire charge attributable to that part of the hire period which has elapsed prior to such termination.
- Inkwell – Hirers may sell alcohol in the Inkwell venues, with the prior agreement at the point of booking. Hirers are fully responsible for obtaining the appropriate alcohol licence from the Moray Council in advance. Alcohol must not be sold under any circumstances after 00:00 hours.
- Please note alcohol should not be consumed outside the front or side of the building, and please be considerate of our neighbours if the outside area is being used.
Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the building at any time. Due to the nature of our work with young people, we also do not permit smoking/vaping in the areas directly outside the building, which includes the front & side doors as well as surrounding pavements.
Rubbish should be placed in the bins provided and any recycling instructions followed. All waste that does not fit in the bins provided, as well as all glass recycling must be removed from the premises by the hirer.
13. Our Details
This website is owned and operated by Elgin Youth Development Group.
We are registered in Scotland under registration number SC201393, and our registered office is at Elgin Youth Development Group, Francis Place, Elgin, IV30 1LQ. Our website address is elginyouthcafe.org.
Our principal place of business is at our registered office.
You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address, given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone on: 01343 548300
- by email email@example.com